20 March, 2008
The NCSR “Demokritos” and 6 of its, more than 30 in total, spin-off companies are coming for the first time to the US, between 27-29 March, to present themselves.
The companies come from various specific scientific sectors:
- Cancer Treatment Drugs,
- Orphan Drugs,
- Early Cancer Prognosis,
- Microwave Assisted Drying & Dehydration,
- Fuel cells and Hydrogen,
- Internet Search at Demand and
- Nanomaterials and Processes for Energy Applications (Solar, etc).
These are mainly early-stage companies and are seeking, in a case by case study, to enter into partnerships exploring funding and business opportunities in the US, not excluding the possibility of cooperating with sector-specific academic or federal institutions.
The Office for Economic and Commercial Affairs of the Embassy of Greece has organized, together with its partners, four Showcase/Networking events:
1. a breakfast 7:30-10:00 a.m., March 27th, in NoVa together with the Fairfax County EDA and the NVTC
2. a closed luncheon program 12:30-15:00 p.m., March 27th, in DC together with the GWBoT/GWI
3. a breakfast 7:30-10:00 a.m., March 28th, in Rockville at CARB together with the MCDED
4. a closed luncheon program 13:00-15:00 p.m., March 28th, in the Greater Baltimore Area with the ETC
In the evening of March 27th, 18:30-20:30 p.m., we are holding a reception at our Embassy to honor the delegation and our partners that helped us organize this Roadshow:
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Northern Virginia Technology Council
- Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Greater Washington Initiative
- World Trade Center Institute
- Montgomery County Department of Economic Development
- Center for Advance Research in Biotechnology, University of Maryland
- Emerging Technology Centers
March 29th is available for the companies to schedule additional business meetings.