SCHENGEN VISA FOR TOURISM / BUSINESS
1. A valid passport or Travel document
*** Please make sure that your passport will be valid for at least three (3) months after the date you exit the Schengen States
2. A valid Alien Resident Card or a visa to the U.S. (except for B1/B2)
3. Bank and credit card statements for the last 3 months
4. W-2 forms for the last 2 years
5. Official itinerary with closed dates of travel
6. Health Insurance stating that you are covered in case of a medical emergency in the Schengen States for a minimum coverage of $40000 (forty thousand) US dollars.
7. Reference letter from employer stating position and monthly or annual salary. If you have your own company, you must submit a letter from the bank that you do business with, stating that the company is in good standing
8. Hotel reservations or proof of participation in group travel. If you are invited by a friend or family member you have to submit: a letter of invitation, that is an affidavit signed by the friend or family member who is inviting you and notarized by the appropriate Authorities of the country in question, concerning your lodging. If you are traveling on business you must submit business references.
9. Two (2) color photographs. (click here)
Note: Please follow the instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
10. A completed and signed visa application form.
***APPLICABLE ONLY TO FOREIGN STUDENTS ON F1 VISAS***
a. valid I-20
b. letter of reference from educational institution (school/college/university) stating that you are in good standing, your major and the expected date of graduation.
*****Minor children cannot apply for their own visa. Both parents have to appear in person to sign.
NOTE: The Consulate reserves the right to ask for further documentation, in addition to the above mentioned.
Applications must be submitted in person two weeks in advance of your scheduled departure.
FEES TO BE CHARGED, AS OF JANUARY 1st 2007, CORRESPONDING TO THE ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS OF PROCESSING VISA APPLICATIONS.
TYPE OF VISA
FEES TO BE CHARGED
A. Visa fees are paid in US dollars the exchange rate changes once a month and the rate is valid throughout that month. This rate will be updated at the first of each month.
Please note that we accept personal checks, money orders payable to “Consulate of Greece Houston” or cash.
We DO NOT accept credit cards or debit cards.
B. The handling fee to be charged is waived for visa applicants that are nationals of third countries who are members of the family of a Union citizen or of a national of a State party to the EEA Agreement, and who are exercising their right to free movement,
C. The handling fee to be charged remains 35 EUROS, for holders of passports from:
The Russian Federation,
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia,
Bosnia & Herzegovina,
• The photograph for each visa applicant must be an unmounted, full face photo, as described below
• The photograph must have been taken within the last six months.
• One extra (1) photograph must be submitted stapled or glued to the application form
• The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the applicant is facing the camera directly.
• The face should cover about 70-80 percent of the photo area.
• The photograph MUST be in color and have only a white or light background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
• In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
• Sunglasses or other wear, which detracts from the face, are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
• A photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.
ATTACHING THE PHOTO TO THE APPLICATION FORM
• Staple or glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space. If the photograph is stapled, staples should be placed as far away as possible from the applicant's face.